Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Exercise #1

One thing that came to me along with my husband was a book of essays, Vibration Cooking.   While it does in fact contain recipes, it is in reality a book about  people making joy and home from the ingredients at hand.

The directions were clear enough, but not restrictive.
.........................To question would require an act of imagination, or
.........................the mind of a ten-year-old.

But adaptable.  There was no saying:  I don't have that
and closing the book on the whole enterprise.
And why not be open to interpretation?

This was not neurosurgery,
or baking,
or contract law.

Locking the door behind me,
I stepped out into October,  with the crows cursing the gray cat,
acorns clicking onto the sidewalk, dogs making exuberant remarks
about squirrels and personal property, and juvenile rodents devouring
the red ripe kernels of pomegranate-like magnolias

and began to
Walk At Least 5 Minutes Every Day



Thursday Prompt #22 What’s for Dinner?

5 comments:

Diane T said...

Sounds like a good book, Vibration Cooking. Amazing it led you to walking 5 minutes a day!

Judy Roney said...

This was fun to read. I laughed when the dogs began to talk to the squirrels. LOL

Anonymous said...

I liked the layout of this, and the cat. A good poem.

gautami tripathy said...

I loved it! Seems like a great book!

a subtle hint

Anonymous said...

i like this beginning of a journey... after all one could go far 5 minutes a day... fotos would be appreciated... **smilin**